Sunday, March 28, 2010

stuck

this is a closeup of my first painting...
i get this every time i make a line of work, every semester, every class, i get to a point where i can't think, i can't dig deep with my creative thoughts and assignments.... what do other people do in this situation? being a person trying to balance a real life- with my family, job, other classes, etc, and my art work life- one where i express myself and release creative processes, it's so hard to balance those two sides for me.  wow i just got a little personal. seriously, though, i have artist's block and maybe a little life-block as well.  how do people stay balanced among all the chaos that life gives us? this happens to be a recurring theme in my work as well in effect- two sides, two worlds, double meanings, i don't think my work would be as strong without this struggle but how do i maintain my sanity???

No comments:

Post a Comment